[Sussex] What distro?

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 20:32:36 UTC 2005

On 28/06/05, Paul Howard <phowardcom at mac.com> wrote:
> Kubuntu looks fantastic - ran rather well - and detected all but one bit
> of my hardware - the wifi card :(

Not unusual for most linux distros.

> So Kubuntu is out it seems - although later this week I will be
> downloading the install version and installing it on my Desktop machine at
> work.

You'd throw the whole distro out after a short eval and only one item
not working (yet). You're not cut out for this linux lark arey you! :D

I just googled for 30 seconds with the model of your wifi card and the
word "linux" and found a number of hits detailing what to do to make
it work.

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/List#B that
page for example shows a list of people (3) who have reported success
using ndiswrapper to make the card work with the windows binary
driver.

All hope is not lost yet!

Cheers,
Al.