[Sussex] Visual Media Technologies

David Chapman linux-lists at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 17 21:11:54 UTC 2005

Just been browsing Ebay for a pvr350 and came across a site that sells ready
made Mythtv boxen. On there site was a recomendation to use VMC/os which is a
reworked Redhat with working Mythtv 0.17
Sounds promising so I'm downloading the iso to give it a look.
I'll let ya know how it goes.

A bit of blurb from there site.
	 http://www.visualmediatech.com/

VMC/OS verision 1 is ready to download....

VMC/OS is a spin off of Fedora Core 3. What we've done is edit the source from
the Fedora installer to more easily configure + install MythTV version .17.

Some neat features of VMC/OS

1. The entire distro is available for d/l + install on 1 cd/iso.
2. Usbuirt support has been compiled into LIRC
3. Custom scripts for setting up MythTV in a matter of seconds.
4. Autoboots in into MythTV
5. A working MythTV system can be configured + set up in under 20 minutes

Features planned for the next version

1. Integrate a custom RHGB sequence for graphical boot
2. Add/Remove some of the default Window Managers
3. Tweak install scripts