[Sussex] Microsoft fails to comply

Geoffrey J Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Fri Mar 18 18:36:04 UTC 2005

Stephen Williams <sdp.williams at btinternet.com> writes:

> On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 17:13 +0000, Geoffrey J Teale wrote:
> Why not? Who funds the EU in the first place?

You, I, every one and every entity who pays tax in the EU.

> Actually I think governments should be as small as possible, and
> certainly much smaller than ours is at the moment.

That's not exactly unpredictable behavior from you Mr. Williams.  That
is pretty much the view of the right wing on a global basis.

You believe that if we just back off and let everyone look after
themselves it'll all be much better.

> Then tax allowances
> should be raised so that there is enough revenue to fund the really
> important things, and the poorest are taken out of tax altogether.

I'd be happy with not taxing the poor - but how do you define poor,
what's the cut off.  Right now we have a system that isn't balanced,
at one end it has zero income, zero tax and the other end it has
infinite income, 40% taxation.

Would discuss more but I have to listen to the Now show (Radio 4)
mocking the tories :-P

--
Geoff Teale
Cmed Technology    || Free Software Foundation
gteale at cmedltd.com || tealeg at member.fsf.org