[Sussex] thread highjack

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Mar 25 14:40:42 UTC 2005

Rob

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 12:46:24AM -0000, Rob Boss wrote:
> I fear I may  have miss read what was happening with my posting
> as for a quite while none of my posts would appear  I confess I
> did do a couple of reply to's but being less knowledgeable than
> you guys my testing would have disturbed you eventually I guess!
> the repeated messages from me confirm I was premature as they
> went through in the end anyway!

Well there appeared to be a little problem with the list server
as it was unavailable to to me for a few days.

Also your mails appear to be trapped by the spam filter.  The ML
policy is not to reject or drop anthing marked as spam.  One of
the list controller has to approve or reject it (mostly that
gets to me me) and I'm not always that fast at getting them
processed - I do have to work too.

NTW So far it seams (to me) that only posts from M$ mailers are
marked as spam.  I have no idea why and no control over the spam
filter anyway, but if you switch to a non-M$ mailer then you might
get thing on the list quicker.  I noticed this in the days when
Mark H was using a M$ mailer and only his were getting blocked.
Ho-hum.