[Sussex]The first of the Debian based confusion(s)

Thomas Adam thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org
Sun May 1 23:32:09 UTC 2005

On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 11:39:47PM -0400, John D. wrote:
> I then had to do that to a further 7 or so list files (vim-common,
> squid-common, kstars-data, kde-i18n-da, kdei18n-tr, libssl-dev,
> libs11-dev, kasteroids, etc).

Then I would say that something weird happened with those packages.

> This has allowed the install to complete the apt-get dist-upgrade (as
> far as I can tell). I also am presuming that some of these list files
> must have been corrupted during install (though the md5sum was OK when
> I d/l'd the knoppix 3.8.1).

Not corrupted as such, just poorly maintained.

Hope it works out for you.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"One of us is a cigar stand, and one of us is a lovely blue incandescent
guillotine" -- Stephen Malkmus, "Type Slowly" from "Brighten The Corners"