[Sussex] Nearly there! :D

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Wed May 11 10:30:18 UTC 2005

Well after a little messing about, I seem to have managed to install
gentoo again.

Strange how some of the "things" that I had to do during install seem to
have changed. Perhaps I'd just missed some stuff out, I don't know. I
suppose it's just a case of getting my customisations back. Ho Hum! I
suppose I can set up the default "vixie-cron" to do the daily "emerge" :-P
Though I suspect that I've got the big initial emerge to get out of the
way!

Still, got kde and opera, plus firefox/thunderbird are installing as I
type.

A big thanks to Steve Williams for burning me the copies of the install
discs - though I think that my CDRW might have been the cause of my
difficulties, as it didn't want to read the install disc properly, I had
to install from the dvdrom drive instead.

Up the workers comrades :D

regards

John D.