[Sussex] Asterisk Hardware

Mark Harrison (Groups) mph at ascentium.co.uk
Sun Nov 27 17:39:10 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 23:11 +0000, Adam J Purcell wrote:

> In particular I'm after something with (if I've got my terminology
> right) both an FXO and an FXS interface, i.e. so I can connect the
> Asterisk machine to my normal Telewest POTS line and also to my DECT
> phone basestation.

Adam,

I use a Sipura SPA3000 and an SPA2000. Note the use of "a" and "an"
there :-)

The SPA3000 is an FXO port and an FXS port in a box.
The SPA2000 is two FXS ports in a box.

Both of these are, therefore, devices that attach to the network at the
ethernet level rather than plug into the Asterisk server directly.

The reason that I chose to go this route is that I don't particularly
want to have the server co-located with a phone point - it's far more
convenient for me to have it in my server rack in my study, and just
have the small SPA3000 down in Mary's study, which is where the master
phone point is.

Regards,

Mark