[Sussex] A SLUG Podcast - Another Way to Promote the Club

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Sat Oct 8 19:42:07 UTC 2005

[Quote - Mark Harrison]
One final point - the use of "voices" is an area that's highly regulated
and unless contracts are signed, the "actors" have fairly strong rights
to demand royalties some while down the road, or even demand that their
voice is no longer used. I have a  "not for profit waiver of rights"
Plain English contract that I can dig out - probably worth getting
anyone involved to sign it and keeping copies. For the sake of 2 minutes
work up front, it can save a lot of nastiness down the line.
One final point - the use of "voices" is an area that's highly regulated
and unless contracts are signed, the "actors" have fairly strong rights
to demand royalties some while down the road, or even demand that their
voice is no longer used. I have a  "not for profit waiver of rights"
Plain English contract that I can dig out - probably worth getting
anyone involved to sign it and keeping copies. For the sake of 2 minutes
work up front, it can save a lot of nastiness down the line.
[/Quote]

OK on the subject of clearance this is very good site
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/filmnetwork/clearances

I don't know but BBC might know something about it ;)

PS will help out.

--
This e-mail has been edited with a webmail service.