[Sussex] ps options

Frances Fleming fay at uthink.co.uk
Sat Oct 22 21:04:05 UTC 2005

Thank you for replying so promptly, Thomas :)

I have changed the FontPath order in my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 as you
said, except that I put the unscaled 100dpi font last, with the 75dpi
font before it.

On Sat Oct 22 21:29:06 BST 2005, Thomas Adam wrote:
> You can always use "xset +fp" to see these lines, and hence
> what the Xserver is using.

This was my result with that command:

frances at jerry:~$ xset +fp
xset:  missing +fp argument

Thomas Adam also wrote:
> I then, for completeness sake, run:
>
> fc-cache -f
>
> ... as root, to regenerate the font cache files.

That one was fine, see below, but I tried to run "xset +fp" again, this
time as root, with a different result:

frances at jerry:~$ su -
Password:
jerry:~# fc-cache -f
jerry:~# xset +fp
xset:  unable to open display ""
jerry:~#

I closed the TCM program completely and reopened it, but unfortunatelt,
the same error message popped up about the unscalable fonts.

Is there anything I missed?