[Sussex] Flash (was BCF Working and Crawley)

Frances Fleming fay at uthink.co.uk
Sun Sep 4 16:35:20 UTC 2005

On Sun Sep 4 06:05:29 BST 2005, Steve Dobson wrote:
> The page you referenced is a downloads page for a compressed tarball,
> which after you have uncompressed and extracted the contents has an
> install script that has to be run to add the plugin to the appropriate
> browser(s).
Steve, this is far too early for you to be getting up on a Sunday
morning, unless of course it's too late from the night before ;)

While I do appreciate all your instructions, you still haven't addressed
the primary problem I mentioned:

Even though I've been through the Edit > Preferences menu and opened the
settings to allow downloads, popups, cookies, Java and Javascript, still
when I click on the Download Now button, absolutely nothing
happens.Except the Firefox logo in the top right of my browser gives a
quarter turn then stops.

On previous occasions, I've tried to install Flash when I've visited a
site that needs it, and I've got the Macromedia license agreement
dialog, but then when I've clicked the download button, nothing has
happened.

So I never get as far as having the tarball onto my machine :(

Please, HOW CAN I GET THE TARBALL ONTO MY MACHINE???