[Sussex] Kiso

Dave Chapman linux-lists at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 14 14:54:39 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 15:36, G. J. Teale wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 15:24 +0100, Dave Chapman wrote:
> > I'm trying to compile Kiso and I'm stuck with this error from ./configure
> >
> > checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check
> > your installation and add the correct paths!
> >

> > To be sure it's really simple to some one.
>
> What distro are you using?
SUSE 9.3

> This means exactly what is says, it can't find the X11 C header files it
> needs to compile the application.  For many distro's fixing this is as
> simple as installing the development package (something like xorg-dev or
> xfree86-dev).

./configure --x-includes='/usr/X11/include' --x-libraries='/usr/X11/lib'

This works but I now get

configure: error: We need a working libXext to proceed. Since configure
can't find it itself, we stop here assuming that make wouldn't find
them either

libXext.so.6  is located at /usr/X11R6/lib
But how to add it to the ./configure line

Thanks