[Sussex] Slugoppix project

Steven Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Aug 4 12:52:14 UTC 2006

Vic

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 13:17 +0100, Vic wrote:
> > The purpose of SLUGoppix, at least for me, is to produce a live CD that
> > we can sell to support the stall at the BCF (Worthing) events.  As such
> > we are targeting new users to Linux.
>
> New users? Such as, perhaps, those that have dabbled once & broken something?

Kinda, but from what we've see at the stall the new users we're getting
are those that have heard of Linux but not tried it.  I am yet to be
convinced that LVM would be useful for the largest part of our target
group.

Anyone how has got as far as get LVM up and runnding, by definition, has
already got Linux installed, and those people we talk to generally don't
buy a CD (or if they do, only to support the club).

Of course this is only my opion.  If you are coming (or someone else who
is comming) can get LVM working on Knoppix and ported to SLUGoppix then
I'm sure we'll include it.