[Sussex] Moot/Linux CD thoughts

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Sat Aug 12 12:33:00 UTC 2006

On Wed, August 9, 2006 18:48, Nicholas Butler wrote:
> um if we do things with Flash how will people be able to read it from
> the cdrom if they have booted from the LIVE CD  ? or ( and its possible
> ) have I missed something ?

I've looked at different possibilities, it seems Flash is well supported
under Windows but dire under Linux (not surprising as Adobe owns
Macromedia)

Istanbul was a thought, but encoding for Theora straight off would task
the speaker's computer as it works on capture and encoding.

Alternatively, with two computers (using x11vnc and vncrec) you can
capture the demonstration to a raw .vnc file. This file can then be
converted into a suitable video format later using transcode before
attaching the narration and converting to theora with ffmpeg2theora.

--
John