[Sussex] A change of distro (yet again)

Stephen Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 14 21:51:02 UTC 2006

John,

If you liked Gentoo but couldn't stand the compiling, you could try
Kororaa.

http://kororaa.org/

They do a couple of live CDs - try the one with Xgl - cool, wobbly
windows and all.

It has an "install to hard drive" icon on the desktop once launched.
Once installed, I suspect you'd be able to emerge --sync and emerge
--usepkgonly to update and install binary packages, thus obviating the
need for compiling.

Have fun.

Steve W.