[Sussex] Software Freedom Day in London (Sat 16th September)

Simon Morris sm at beerandspeech.org
Sat Aug 26 23:18:38 UTC 2006

Hello People of Sussex LUG

Saturday 16th September is the 3rd annual Software Freedom Day.

http://www.softwarefreedomday.org

In London GLLUG is organising some events that we'd like to invite you all to.

1200: Advocacy walk from Regents Park to Westminster University -
walking down the Euston Road and Tottenham Court Road we are going to
spread the good word about Free Software and GNU/Linux. Leaflets will
be available at the meetup point.

1300: Technical meeting:

 * Malcolm Yates from Canonical will be talking about the Ubuntu project
 * Jim Bailey will be talking about how to install and configure
Wordpress, the popular blog software. This practical demonstration is
aimed at our novice to intermediate members
 * Simon Morris (me!) will present a talk on using encrypted
filesystems to protect the contents of USB memory-sticks

1630-1700 (ish): Pub meeting: At a nearby pub we will be celebrating
the day over a pint or two.

As well as GLLUG and Lonix I am speaking to other LUGs from areas
surrounding London so the chat should be lively and fun.

For people travelling from other LUG locations we are trying to
arrange free parking in Paddington which is 3 tube stops from the
first meeting point.

If you have any questions please email me - I really hope to see some
members of Sussex LUG on the day.

Webpage:
http://gllug.org.uk/index.php?/archives/23-Software-Freedom-Day.html

Meeting announcement:
http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2006-August/062272.html

Flyer:
http://gllug.org.uk/uploads/Meetings/16thSept06/sfd-advertisement.pdf
(500kb)

I'd really appreciate it if you could circulate the flyer at computer
fairs, University noticeboards etc.

Thanks

--
~sm