[Sussex] VPN attitudes

Nic James Ferrier nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Tue Aug 29 18:57:47 UTC 2006

Steven Dobson <steve at dobson.org> writes:

> But they are.  If I control both end, but not the keys, then someone who
> has access to the keys too can snoop the handshaking at gain access to
> the session key.

But that's my point. It's not the VPN that causes the snooping
potential. It's you buying a data based service from me.

> At the start of this thread you stated that you would be creating VPNs
> without saying between whom and for what purpose.  I get the impression
> now that these VPNs run between you (as an ISP) and your clients.  I
> guess that is to provide a secure network to any colos you have
> installed at your facilities.

Not quite. I am trying to gauge the practicability of offering an
enterprise service that allows a VPNd form. This is an alternative to
selling appliances or simply having password based user access.

You'll know more in 10 days or so.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs