[Sussex] Soekris question for Steve D

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Mon Feb 27 08:18:53 UTC 2006

Steve Dobson wrote:

> A valid point.  Any system is only as reliable as it's weekest part.
> The HDD is a trade off between reliablity and convenance.

Indeed

> However, Ronan asked about my Debian install.  Debian is a distro that
> is not designed to run in flash, it is designed to run off a hard disk.

Not quite true, there are variants of Debian that are designed to run
without a disk. I'm doing some work on one at the moment. The place to look
for info is http://www.emdebian.org

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

A door is what a cat is perpetually on the wrong side of. - adapted from
Ogden Nash