[Sussex] Soekris question for Steve D

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Mon Feb 27 09:13:51 UTC 2006

Colin

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 08:18 +0000, Colin Tuckley wrote:
> Steve Dobson wrote:
> > However, Ronan asked about my Debian install.  Debian is a distro that
> > is not designed to run in flash, it is designed to run off a hard disk.
>
> Not quite true, there are variants of Debian that are designed to run
> without a disk. I'm doing some work on one at the moment. The place to look
> for info is http://www.emdebian.org

As you say Emdebian is a *varient* of Debian.  Accorting to my OED a
varient is something that differs in some what from the orginal or
standard.  So by your own words Emdebian is not Debian!  I therefore
argue that by installing Emdebian you are *not* installing Debian just
as by installing Ubuntu you are *not* installing Debian.

Could you give a talk about Emdebian?  Last I talked to Wookie the
project was not in a state that was usable to me.  But I would really
like to see where it is at.