[Sussex] Amanda - spaces in filenames in the disklist

karl at jorgensen.com karl at jorgensen.com
Mon Jul 10 09:24:25 UTC 2006

Hi!

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 12:49:20PM +0100, Ronan Chilvers wrote:
> I know there are a few people on the list who have experience with
> amanda and I've got a very irritating problem with the disklist.
> Basically the backup paths I want to use have spaces in them, sometimes
> double spaces.  I've tried
>
> /some/path/with some spaces
> /some/path/with\ some\ spaces
> "/some/path/with some spaces"
> "/some/path/with\ some\ spaces"
>
> and none of them pass amcheck.  At the moment I'm remounting the top
> level folders elsewhere with mount --bind and backuping up using the
> remount, but this is an annoying hack.  Anyone know how to get this to
> work properly? I'm using version 2.4.4p3.

I doubt whether Amanda supports this - the amanda faq-o-matic doesn't
look promising:
    http://www.amanda.org/fom-serve/cache/392.html

I had a look at the debian source for 2.4.4p3-3 and as far as I can see
[server-src/diskfile.c line 297ish], there's no provision for backup
paths with spaces in them, nor can the path name be surrounded by
single/double quotes...

--
Karl E. Jorgensen
karl at jorgensen.org.uk  http://www.jorgensen.org.uk/