[Sussex] Fwd: MythTV & getting it to work

Paul Graydon paul at paulgraydon.co.uk
Mon Jul 24 21:35:07 UTC 2006

I've had great fun getting Mythtv to work, most hassles seeming to
relate to my Nova-T digital TV card.  A pair of A771's I used in my old
job worked fine in comparison.

To get it to tune I had to grab the linuxtv-dvb-utils package off
http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/ , extract it and compile it (very
quick process), then go into the utils/scan section and run:
./scan dvb-t/uk-PontopPike (I think thats the aerial setting that gave
the right frequency for Heathfield)
Once I'd done that, I could then hop straight back into mythtv and
trigger a scan and it'd find all the TV channels.

Hope this helps,
Paul