[Sussex] Content Management System advice please!

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Tue Jun 13 10:14:22 UTC 2006

Hi Dominic

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 04:49:47AM -0500, Dominic Humphries wrote:
> So many, in fact, that I haven't the faintest idea which one to
> actually install. Drupal, Geeklog, Joomla, Mambo Open Source,
> PHP-Nuke, phpWCMS, phpWebSite, Post-Nuke, TYPO3, Xoops... The list
> goes on & on!
>
> So: Can anybody give me some advice on what would best meet the needs
> listed above? Their web pages aren't very helpful & I can't face
> installing them one-by-one to evaluate them each in turn...

Don't use them much, but 2 things - Mambo (or Joomla as the open source
version is now called) is a very comprehensive CMS, but I've had some
trouble with as a sysadmin - it can end up hammering the database
server.

I've used a little CMS called CMS Made Simple
(http://www.cmsmadesimple.org).  Works pretty well, easy setup and has several
pluggable modules that you could use (have a look in the 'Forge' area
accessible from the Downloads page).  Last time I installed it, it had
managed to pack in a good number of features without getting bloated.

Hope this helps a little! :-)

Cheers
--
Ronan
e: ronan at thelittledot.com
t: 01903 739 997

This email has been digitally signed using GNUPG to verify the identity
of the sender. Please see http://www.gnupg.org/ for further information.