[Sussex] New Topic -- Speedtouch ADSL modem

John Gregory john_gregory at onetel.com
Mon Jun 19 14:44:10 UTC 2006

Back at the beginning of the year I talked about using a script called
"Speedtouchconf......." as an easy way to configure these modems for
Linux.  It still is a good script for distributions with a kernel prior
to 2.6.10 but is of little or no use for anything later.

I tried to use it with a 2.6.16 kernel and it fails. as far as I can
tell this is because the it relies on a program called modem_run to load
the software.

There is a new procedure. Its easy enough for anyone with moderate
experience but daunting for a new user with only Windows experience.  If
anyone has or has a friend with a problem after upgrading their OS I can
help. Email me on john_gregoryatoneteldotcom.

John G.