[Sussex] Laptop update & question

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Fri Mar 3 08:35:32 UTC 2006

Gavin Stevens wrote:

> I now have Debian working on the laptop I was given recently.

Congrats

> My question: I need to replace the CMOS & Resume batteries, but I had to
> admit I was beat after undoing several screws, still without the case
> feeling like it was going to move easily. I decided against bold
> experimentation with the use of force & in favour of asking if anyone
> had any general tips on getting inside a laptop?

You could try looking on the Tosh website, or maybe even ringing them.

Also I think we are doing the Computer Fair in Worthing on Sunday (Steve,
confirm?) you could bring it along and let some of us have a look.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it is pronounced?