[Sussex] Hello

Nic nferrier at tapsellferrier.co.uk
Tue May 9 13:44:49 UTC 2006

"Linux Alchemist" <linux.alchemist at googlemail.com> writes:

> Nic
>
> I got OpenSuSE 10

Ok. I dunno if there are yast2 packages for classpath + VMs.

But there certainly is for GCJ (which bundles Classpath). You just
have to yast2 install GCJ (it might be called GNU Java Compiler).

To uninstall Sun's JRE is more tricky. If it's a standalone JRE that
you downloaded from Sun it will be all wrapped up in a single
directory that you can simply delete (or move).

If it's a SUSE supplied JRE you might have to use Yast2 to remove it.

I wouldn't remove it until you know that GCJ works.

Nic