[Sussex] Stand Slides

linux at oneandoneis2.org linux at oneandoneis2.org
Fri Nov 3 13:17:51 UTC 2006

> I've changed the "Linux system - have a play" into a challenge.  I
> thought that was more in keeping with what Mark was saying.

That should be "what the difference is" on that slide, surely?

> I also added the "Sick of Pup-up? ...".  A lot of people I've talked to
> at the Worthing are, so this is an invite to come and chat.

Just a thought, but when I was doing a blog post on adblocking, I
figured "a picture is worth a thousand words" and showed an example of
a page as seen by IE:

http://geekblog.oneandoneis2.com/media/DilbertUnfiltered.png
(Note the pop-up, pop-under and mass of adverts)

Compared to how I see it when I go there with Firefox:
http://geekblog.oneandoneis2.com/media/DilbertFiltered.png
(Courtesy of the pop-up blocker, adblock, and Greasemonkey)

Any way of fitting something like that into a slide?

> We also need someone to print them out and laminate them for this
> Sunday.  Can anyone do that?

I can laminate, but I'm not around this weekend to hand them over. . .