[Sussex] hosting

Gareth Ablett sussexlug at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 22 13:37:33 UTC 2006

On 21/11/06, Andy Smith <andy at lug.org.uk> wrote:

> It sounds like you call support a lot.  If you do this because you
> need help with what you're doing then I recommend you stay with
> someone pricy like Rackspace.  In any situation whrre you don't have
> the necessary skills in-house then you should expect to pay a lot
> for someone to do it for you.
>
> On the other hand if you call support a lot because their service is
> broken then you may do well with the likes of blackcat or bytemark,
> whose services are pretty reliable.

neither really its more of a case that the current service is
restrictive and wont allow myself or part of my team to administer in
the right way, so contacting support is the only thing to do.

on another note i have got my boss to pretty much say yes to getting
another server with rackspace, having just got a contract where we can
cover teh hosting costs in there.

regards
Gareth