[Sussex] Re: Sourcing list of hardware

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Wed Oct 25 14:32:33 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 02:32:17PM +0100, Desmond Armstrong wrote:
> Now,   why did Apple change to a UNIX model?

Interestingly enough, the little Apple Mac network we have here (2 G5s,
2 G4s and a G4 Powerbook) were all hit by a virus about 6 months ago. It
was identified by Sophos as Inqtana.B but didn't actually display any of
the behaviour that they said it should. It overwrote several
applications including Photoshop, Illustrator, etc, trashed Office and
several data files but fortunately didn't get as far as the network
drives cos we yanked the cables pretty fast!!!  A day of work repairing
and reinstalling software and we were back up again.

Just goes to show you can't be complacent...

Cheers
--
Ronan
e: ronan at thelittledot.com
t: 01903 739 997

This email has been digitally signed using GNUPG to verify the identity
of the sender. Please see http://www.gnupg.org/ for further information.