[Sussex] OT - Vulcan to fly again....

Colin Pickard thedruid at thedruid.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 15:48:29 UTC 2006

I found it fascinating, and had to send it my Dad, who retains a
fondness for Vulcans since working for Hawkey-Siddeley (and later BAe)
in a building beside a runway from where Vulcans used to take off
vertically and very loudly.  The resulting hearing trouble has now has
not dimished this!

Of perhaps more interest, he also worked on the afore-mentioned
Nimrods, and has a small claim to fame as one of probably only two
people to have played noughts and crosses on the big tactical radar
thingy screens on board a Nimrod - probably one of the Nimrod MR2s
like the one that crashed near Kandahar on Saturday.

Of course, hacking on a multi-million pound state of the art military
system back in the 70s is only really bragging rights in select
company!  But it cerrtainly impressed me a small child.

Colin