[Sussex] PSU gone, new installed computer refuses to boot

Christopher Stromblad chris at fragzone.se
Mon Sep 25 14:38:17 UTC 2006

Hi list,

I've got a somewhat odd problem. Few days ago my PSU popped, decided to
not function. I baught a new one, but now my computer is acting all
funny. While memory tests run fine, and bios works and it actually
boots... somewhat.

Basically it now hangs at Time: tsc clocksource has been installed.
Whatever it's supposed to do at this stage will not work.

I suspect that the motherboard was also damaged as I obviously didn't
have this problem before.

Anyone of you guys (girls) got any suggestions or thoughts? Guess a
computer upgrade is about time, been three years now.

// Chris