[Sussex] Which Broadband? [Was MySQL won't start]

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 03:33:15 UTC 2007

 Tiscali may or may not work for you. They supply a USB modem. The one
they supplied me (Sagem Fast 800) wasn't properly supported under Linux,
though I got it working once or twice (that was back in Jan 2005). My
folks who went with broadband with Tiscali this Feb, got a newer
Speedtouch USB modem as part of the package.

Both usb soft modems do work with Linux. I can vouch for this with
Mandriva, my preferred flavour.
I strongly recommend though, that you purchase a proper adsl
modem/router (with NAT) such as the 5 port Safecom adsl2/2+ from
www.qtds.com at £19.95 +vat. (The one with Wi-Fi is £34.99) and then you
will be ready for 16Mbits!