[Sussex] MythTV

James Smith james at floppy.org.uk
Sat Feb 3 11:32:06 UTC 2007

Hi Dave,

I've just got one Shuttle box doing both jobs, but a mate of mine has
a very low spec machine (an old Dell GX150 salvaged from the bin, a P3
450 if I remember rightly) as the backend with a separate frontend.
See http://mezzanines.blogspot.com/ for more details.

Actually, I ran my entire Myth setup on one of those machines while my
Shuttle was being repaired, and even for AVI video playback it was
perfectly sufficient...

Caveat: this depends on your capture card - both he and I use a PVR350
which records happily without needing any CPU power for encoding, so
the CPU is just shovelling things on and off the disk.

cheers,
James