[Sussex] Check Out Tesco for a Cheap MP3 Player

Stephen Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 6 19:51:14 UTC 2007

I have an Apple extended USB keyboard. It feels quite nice for a
membrane keyboard, and looks much nicer than the average beige PC tat.
It also has a 2 port USB hub built in.

The only snag is that the keys don't match a 105 key intnl PC keyboard.
You can swap two of the keycaps over, but the left alt and " and @
symbols are misplaced. Mind you if you touch type it's not an issue. The
other great thing is that you plug it into a decent linux box and it
JustWorks™. In Windows it's the usual interminable wait for a driver to
be found.

Of course being white it does show the dirt a bit, but then you should
clean keyboards regularly anyway.

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 10:49 +0000, John Crowhurst wrote:
> On Tue, February 6, 2007 09:02, Jacqui Caren wrote:
> > Fay Zee wrote:
> >> Anyone else spotting bargains like this, please do mention it :-)
> >
> > The great Keyboard hunt
> > -----------------------
> > Using a keyboard for a living I tend to go through a new one every year
> > or so. I am not a touch typist and tend to hammer the poor sods to
> > death. So I have been hunting for a decent split layout keybaord to
> > force me to type correctly.
>
> My suggestion is buy a more robust keyboard. I use an old Dell keyboard
> from my first Dell computer as its heavy and mechanical with proper click
> to the keys. My niece (11 months) and nephew (3) play on it with no fear
> of damage.

Sadly I don't think they make these any more. I had a couple and they're
the best keyboards I have ever used. I still have one for use with my
desktop and, with any luck, it'll last until we have DirectThought™
input.