[Sussex] New kid on the block

Paul Shepard paul at paulshepard.f2s.com
Sun Feb 18 14:12:33 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I am pleased that Nik invited me to the SLUG meeting in January and good to meet the core members, it proved to be the right day to get the ball rolling for me.
The talk on Blogging and the following discussions gave me much needed incentive to start putting words in print.
I am very keen to help promote the concept of Open Source Software and wish to learn all I can about Linux and the advantages it can offer.
But please, if you are up there with the geek fraternity, be gentle with me. I am not stupid, and I have reasonable Windows knowledge behind me but I don't want to be left in the cold while you talk code. If some discussions are a little less technical I will keep up and this will encourage new members to stay the course.
I look forward to the next meeting which I believe is 22nd Feb, and hope to see you there.

Paul Shepard (The Oracle)