[Sussex] GRUB mystery

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 07:49:05 UTC 2007

I had a similar thing recently with a Mandriva installation using Lilo.
I installed the system, dual booted. on the hard disk.
All was well.
Then we added another HD and installed there leaving the original
installation on the first disk (same version of Mandriva).
Now the new lilo gave us entry for the second disk, there was none for
the first disk, I suppose I could have added an entry manually.
Obviously the second installation was better because there was more
space but, other than that, I was puzzled.
Perhaps if I had chosen to use the swap area on the first disk we might
have seen the two installations.
I suppose also there should not be two '/' and two '/home' but surely
the lilo determines which will be used.