[Sussex] job adverts

Nicholas Butler nik at reducedhackers.com
Tue Jan 2 07:23:13 UTC 2007

Jacqui Caren wrote:
> This is probably not the best first post but here goes.
Ahh but its a first post , so welcome to the list.

> A friend of mine runs an ISP and I suggested that he post his vacancy
> here. (Crawley, west sussex) - he was very wary so I said I would post
> on his behalf.
Theres an ISP in crawley ? He was wary and he is looking for Linux
capable individuals thats probably because he was aware we have a huge
amount of etiquette requirements which we tend to ignore when it suits
us and use to flame when it doesnt <grin>

> Does anyone have any objections to a "Fwd: [JOB] ..." posting?
Not me just prefix the Subject line with [JOB] as youve done there and
if youre planning on regularly posting then there is a linux-jobs
mailing list which is a great place to go as well. However since many
new and less Internet scouring individuals may not be aware then im not
averse to a regular post providing it couched in a relevant Linux based
conversation. e.g. Whats with all these Ruby On Rails requirement eh !

> Note that I work for a different small IT consultancy and offered
Well you knew to come to the list which meant you are aware of Linux and
the Sussex Linux group  ,so how did you hear about us then , do you guys
use Linux yourselves ? Are you aware there is a linux lab and training
centre in East Grinstead ?
> to post to the relvant LUG's (my idea) since I think this is the best
> way for him to find good (real) local linux people so flame me not him.
Nah we dont flame, well not often,  and only each other but in general
we have tended towards a loose and relaxed tolerant based list, so post
away and let us know what Mistral are after today !

Nik Butler
www.loudmouthman.com