[Sussex] [Offtopic] Spare PC bits

James Smith james at floppy.org.uk
Mon Jan 15 22:56:45 UTC 2007

Hi all,

First of all, apologies for spam, but it's better than throwing all
this lot in the bin. I recently replaced my desktop with a laptop, and
seeing as I now am unlikely to ever go back to using a desktop, I have
a bunch of old PC bits lying around for people to have if they want
them. Some are free to a good home, some are still basically new and
will go on eBay if nobody here wants them. Full list below:

Free stuff:
1x ATX Midi Tower case
 - no PSU (old one gave out)
1x AGP Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti4200
1x Internal Lite-on CDRW drive (48x I think)
1x Internal DVD drive
1x Internal 3.5" floppy drive
1x Seagate Barracuda ST330630A 30.6GB IDE HDD
1x Samsung WN32543A 2.54GB IDE HDD

Stuff that will go on eBay (both hardly used)
1x FSP Silent Solution Kit
 - http://www.pcreview.co.uk/reviews/Cooling/FSP_Silent_Solution_Kit/
 - 350W PSU with manual fan speed control
 - 92mm Case fan + 80mm adapter
 - Athlon heatsink + fan
 - say £20?
1x Intel 2200BG Mini PCI 802.11g wifi card
 - works very nicely under Linux with ipw2200 driver
 - also available, optional PCI->MiniPCI adapter + external aerial for
use in a desktop.
 - £10, £20 with adapter and aerial?

The reason I replaced my desktop is because it developed a fault in
either the processor, mobo, graphics card or memory, but I could never
isolate which one. The complete set is free to anyone who can be
bothered to have a go at working out which bit is broken. I've
forgotten exactly what the spec is, but it's something like:
Athlon 1800+
1GB RAM
Sapphire Radeon 9600XT (AGP, 256MB DDR)
AOpen AK79D-1394 motherboard

Let me know off-list (james at floppy dot org dot uk) if you're
interested in any of this, and apologies again for the spam.

cheers,
James