[Sussex] Switching from HTTP to HTTPS

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 17:00:33 UTC 2007

Vic wrote:
>> Godaddy are highly suspect - they revoke DNS et.al without hesitation.
>> and have caused nightmares for far too many honest folks for this to be
>> a one off mistakes. If you rely upon the cert/DNS for business I would
>> not take the godaddy risk.
>>

> They have a strong anti-spam statement, but have been found desidedly
> lacking when it comes to doing anything about spammers, to boot. I'd be
> suspicious, too...
>
> I generally sign all my own certificates - because I can expect anyone
> using my services to trust my certs. But if you're really pushed, you
> might like to try http://cert.startcom.org/ - I've not used them yet, but
> their claims are impressive, and they're RHEL rebuilders :-)
>
> Vic.

I can see staying out of the spam hunting: the time investment in
blocking spammers or accidentally cutting off customers when spam is
forged is such a fiscal risk, and their costs so low, I'm afraid I
couldn't expect them ot be aggressive.

But what DNS errors or anti-foss are you seeing from them? I had no
problem with them, admittedly from the US.