[Sussex] musing about what I'd really like...

Andrew Guard andrew07 at andrewguard.com
Tue Jun 26 11:44:40 UTC 2007

Nic James Ferrier wrote:
> This is a work avoidance email.
>

> I've been experiencing intermittant network access over the last few
> days.
>
> I'm told this is because I'm more than 2 miles from the exchange and
> that ADSL is affected by the weather.

Did tell them that using Linux? If you did I am amazed they didn't blame
the problem on that, well it not 2000/XP/Vista.

So I take they going to refund you then! Yep weather is not there fault
but err the law doesn't see it as a valid excuse, Supply of Goods and
Services Act. To get out of SGSA the government has declare area as
flooded out, disaster zone, civil war etc..

> Anyway... every now and then I have to kick off a ping to a well known
> host on the Internet to make sure things are still working.

microsoft.com is my one, just love how twisted this is as I am using
Linux. ;)

--

Start enjoying the Internet again.