[Sussex] Software Developers [Was: Sussex Digest, Vol 180, Issue3]

Fay Zee fay.linux at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 9 16:20:03 UTC 2007

On 09/03/07, Gareth Ablett <zoomer at zoomer2k.co.uk> wrote:
> but in the past i have dabled and worked with c/c++/c# (and starting
> to learn objective c) and would suggest that this is the best rout to
> follow if you wanted to develop software for anything to do with mining.

"Anything" to do with mining - like data mining :-)  requires good SQL
technique, unless you use easy-to-assemble cubing. I prefer
hand-crafted SQL.

I've used SQL Server at work for 8 years but have been using MySQL at home.

In .NET I evaluated VB.NET and C# for my team and steered them over to C#.

Fay