[Sussex] Ubuntu used in the fight against AIDS

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedresearch.com
Fri Mar 16 12:33:14 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 06:28 +0000, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> Morning all,
>
> For those of you who don't subscribe to the fridge RSS feed, I found
> this in my inbox this morning:
>
> http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/820

----%<-----

Very interesting Matthew,

Of course you don't have to go to South Africa to see this kind of
stuff.  Right here in little-ol-Horsham you'll find Cmed Research
delivering a complete integrated data acquisition and management
solution for clinical trials.

Our ThirdPhase appliances are built on top of Ubuntu GNU/Linux and
Python and utilise fingerprint biometrics, barcode scanners and barcode
printer (seeing the parallels yet?).  We've been running live trials on
this system for 5 years for some of the largest pharmaceutical companies
in the world - in fact some of the largest companies in the world full
stop.  We're using Linux to deliver functionality that no-one else in
this field can match, and as a result we're working right on the cutting
edge of our field - and we're genuinely helping in the fight to cure a
whole range of conditions.

***pheeeewww***.... that might sound like a bunch of marketing spiel,
but it's all true.  The result of that is that we're growing at a
phenomenal rate, driven purely by profit (not venture capital) and
hiring nearly continuously - so if any of the above is of interest to
you why not browse our jobs listings here:

http://www.cmedresearch.com/join/

--
Geoff Teale
Director of Technical Development

Cmed Technology Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales No. 3869835
Registered Office and Address for Communication:
Holmwood, Broadlands Business Campus,
Langhurstwood Road, Horsham, RH12 4QP, United Kingdom

T +44 (0)1403 755071
E gteale at cmedresearch.com
W www.cmedresearch.com

Driven by technology. Guided by experience.