[Sussex] wysiwyg html editor

Steve 'Dobbo' Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri May 4 14:48:36 UTC 2007

Paul

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 08:47:59AM +0100, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> Paul Howard wrote:
> >I have a small web project I need to do and am just using a template for
> >the basic design.

<snip/>

> >Is there a better wysiwyg editor out there for Linux?
>
> I like Amaya, from the w3c. It's one flaw is that it used to support
> SSL-encrypted WebDAV, and no longer does. Clean, standards compliant,
> simple HTML with the tools to edit in things you want, and no need to
> shove in formatting and font abuse that you didn't actually want.

I would echo this.  Amaya is a very nice system and works well on both
Linux & Windows.  I've rolled it out to a client that doesn't know HTML
and he fines it very friendly.

                              Steve "Dobbo" Dobson
                                steve at dobson.org
                               SussexLUG Master
BOFH excuse #53:

Little hamster in running wheel had coronary; waiting for replacement to be Fedexed from Wyoming