[Sussex] wysiwyg html editor

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Fri May 4 15:39:14 UTC 2007

** Steve 'Dobbo' Dobson <steve at dobson.org> [2007-05-04 15:50]:
> Paul
>
> On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 08:47:59AM +0100, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> > Paul Howard wrote:
> > >I have a small web project I need to do and am just using a template for
> > >the basic design.
>
> <snip/>
>
> > >Is there a better wysiwyg editor out there for Linux?
> >
> > I like Amaya, from the w3c. It's one flaw is that it used to support
> > SSL-encrypted WebDAV, and no longer does. Clean, standards compliant,
> > simple HTML with the tools to edit in things you want, and no need to
> > shove in formatting and font abuse that you didn't actually want.
>
> I would echo this.  Amaya is a very nice system and works well on both
> Linux & Windows.  I've rolled it out to a client that doesn't know HTML
> and he fines it very friendly.
** end quote [Steve 'Dobbo' Dobson]

I'm going to have to take another look at Amaya. You've prompted me
to head off to the website and download the Windows binary (sadly I'm
stuck on a Windows box due to a combination of two Maxtor HD failures -
not my favourite brand anymore - and a lack of any decent grub
documentation). I'll put it on my Linux box when I've recovered it!

I think the last time I ran it was at the 0.9x and maybe 1.x version, so
that's - scarily - around 8 to 10 years ago now. It has to be going back
a bit because I remember running it on OS/2. Now where's my walking
stick? ;)

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/