[Sussex] wysiwyg html editor

John D. johnsemail at f2s.com
Tue May 8 19:35:13 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 08 May 2007 20:24:11 Colin Tuckley wrote:
> Paul Howard wrote:
> > Thanks for the link. It does seem a bit more stable than NVU - only
> > crashed once in a 45 minute session.  Not had time to fiddle more in the
> > last day or so.
>
> No Probs
>
> > Why is it that there is only NVU/kompozer available for Linux?
>
> Well there is Amaya too, http://www.w3.org/Amaya/
>
> > I am surprised there aren't more people screaming out for this type of
> > app for Linux.
>
> I think most Web designers that work on Linux hand code their stuff.
I haven't really followed this thread.

I know it's not wysiwyg, but my minimal efforts of writing html etc have
almost all been under linux (had access to dreamweaver for a while but it
annoyed the hell out of me).

I found that just using quanta, and to get round not having a wysiwyg option,
I just installed as many browsers as I could (including MSIE 6 under
crossover office) and made it so that I could preview (via the preview button
in quanta) in any of them - made life infinitely easier for identifying
possible cross browser rendering issues.

Someone might have already suggested that though !

regards

John D.