[Sussex] Find & Replace in lots of small files

Bob Williams linux at barrowhillfarm.org.uk
Fri May 18 19:31:54 UTC 2007

I have about 3000 shell scripts, each of which contains the same error, namely
a spelling mistake in a path. I am looking for a way to automate the find and
replace I need to do, and wonder if sed is the tool to use?

I've looked at the manpage, but can't seem to work out how to construct the
necessary lines of instructions - or even if it's possible.

Can someone advise, please?
--
Bob

openSUSE 10.2 x86_64, Kernel 2.6.18.8-0.3, KDE 3.5.6 r31.4