[Sussex] Howtos

John D. johnsemail at f2s.com
Fri May 25 19:33:34 UTC 2007

On Thursday 24 May 2007 22:35:53 Steve 'Dobbo' Dobson wrote:
> Hi All
>
> As some of you may know I recently built my parents a computer out of kit
> salvaged from the skip and got them on-line.  As they are both completely
> new to computing I've started to write some essays on how to use their=20
> computer.
>
> Of course these essays might be useful to more than just my parents.  So
> I thought why not put them on the Sussex's website under a CC license.
>
> I've put the first howto up and you can find it on
> 		http://www.sussex.lug.org.uk/howtos/
> I would be grateful for any comments (particularly from any newbies) as
> to the style, how easy they are to follow, and if I've missed anything that
> you think I should have included.
>
> If anyone else feels like adding their own essays to the pool we could
> really get some helpful documentation here.
Well as one who's particularly critical of most of the howto's/instruction
sheets/guides etc etc (I'm sure I mentioned that it's one of my "soap box"
subjects Steve), I'll give them a "read".

Just for info Steve, of all the stuff I've read and tried to "inwardly
digest", the best, by far, has been the Gentoo documentation. I get the
distinct impression that someone with good technical knowledge and (better
than the average geek - no criticism intended) quite good english language
and/or literature, has given them the "once over".

Not that I'm any expert, just the "LUG nugget" :D

regards

John D.