[Sussex] Holbrook - Moot: Wired Networking

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Mon Oct 22 13:27:27 UTC 2007

Kenny Millington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is probably my first real post to the SLUG lists (although I have
> been lurking on my non-work e-mail address for sometime). So first let
> me say Hello :-)
>

>> The plan is to setup one laptop as a bridge to the Holbrook wireless
>> LAN, and then get everything else up and running.  Then we can have a
>> play and do some packet capture.
>>

> As the IT provider for the Holbrook Club we're going to need to state
> that if you plan on running packet capturing software while bridged to
> the Holbrook Club's network then you're going to need to get permission,
> in writing, beforehand.
>
> If you would like my help in speaking with Tim at the Holbrook Club about
> this then I am more than happy to do so.
>
> Thanks,

Hi Kenny,

We will NOT be running packet capturing software on the Holbrook
network.  For the purposes of the talk, we are going to be running our
own LAN built on the night with a test server, and users laptops.  Any
packet capturing will only be performed on the test LAN itself.

Thanks for your concern though.

Cheers,

Richie