[Sussex] [OT] Photography petition

Spam steve at dobson.org
Thu Apr 17 18:44:28 UTC 2008

Andrew

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 17:23 +0100, Andrew Guard wrote:
> As some off you are very keen on subject of photography that will post
> this off topic subject. Sorry if I upset anyone.

You posting the subject didn't upset me, although the fact that it is
another way that our freedoms are being obstructed does.

> Innocent photographer or terrorist?
> Misplaced fears about terror, privacy and child protection are
> preventing amateur photographers from enjoying their hobby, say
> campaigners.
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7351252.stm

This kind of thing happened to another member of the Eastbourne
Photographic Society last summer.  He was taking pictures of the tennis
and was stopped by the police.  They confiscated his film (he shots
slides mostly) and processed it themselves (very badly) to see that he
wasn't a paedophile.

> We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to clarify the laws
> surrounding photography in public places
> http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/photographylaw/

Signed, just waiting for the e-mail to confirm.

> PS. When are going to get the talk on Photography buy the way? I can
> not wait. ;)

Next week, which you would have found out if you had checked the web site
as I published the moot talks there.

Steve Dobson

Algebraic symbols are used when you do not know what you are talking
about.
-- Philippe Schnoebelen