[Sussex] [OT] Photography petition

Jon Fautley jfautley at redhat.com
Fri Apr 18 09:26:12 UTC 2008

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:44:15 +0100
Spam <steve at dobson.org> wrote:

> This kind of thing happened to another member of the Eastbourne
> Photographic Society last summer.  He was taking pictures of the
> tennis and was stopped by the police.  They confiscated his film (he
> shots slides mostly) and processed it themselves (very badly) to see
> that he wasn't a paedophile.

Erm, I'm not too sure they can do that...

Not sure on the exact laws, but unless they had evidence he was
actually a paedophile, they shouldn't have taken (and essentially,
destroyed) his film. I suggest he file a complaint with the police
complains commission.

Cheers,

/j
Jon Fautley RHCE, RHCX               email: jfautley at redhat.com
Senior Consultant                    cell :     +44 7841 558683
Global Professional Services
Red Hat UK, 200 Fowler Avenue, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 7JP