[Sussex] MythTV Repeat Channel Guide

Steve Dobson steve.dobson at syscall.org.uk
Tue Apr 22 14:31:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 15:14 +0100, James Smith wrote:
> Steve,
>
> 2008/4/22 Steve Dobson <steve.dobson at syscall.org.uk>:
> >  Once again thanks for your help.  I think I was just having a brain fart
> >  and needed someone to point out what was right under my nose.
>
> No problem - I am quite glad I know how to do it now, because I'm sure
> there are a few more missing on the RT site that I could add to my
> box...
>
> Incidentally, what are you running your Myth box on? I have been using
> Fedora for a while, but have got bored of the forced OS upgrades
> (running FC6 now, which is not supported by atrpms any more).

You obviously have for gotten that I am one of the Debian crowd here :-)
For details I built my MythTV box using Debian sid (experimental) as I
needed that version for some of the library dependencies and I've stuck
with it.  I don't upgrade the system that often.  I haven't for example
upgraded the kernel 'cos I can't get the IvTV framebuffer driver to work
with the newer kernels, but as the system is behind my firewall I don't
see that as a problem.

Hardware wise I am running as follows:
	CPU:		Pentium II (Deschutes)
	MHz:		399.090
	Capture Card:	Hauppauge PVR-350 (with hardware decoder)

> Was considering changing to Mythbuntu after a very good laptop experience
> of Ubuntu and the very simple upgrade experience. Anyone used it /
> recommend it? I'm lazy these days and can't be bothered building my
> own packages when there are so many good ones out there :)

I haven't tried Mythbuntu, although I did try the other pre-package
setup once and failed to get it to work.  In the end I've stuck will
rolling my own.  I works, so I don't fiddle unless there is a good
reason.