[Sussex] How to tell if someone a really good programmer?

Geoffrey Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Sat Feb 9 00:30:59 UTC 2008

On 09/02/2008, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Heh. They were heading down that path even before the lawsuits. I don't
> suppose your office mates there have noticed any licenses for SCO 5.0.6
> in the dumpsters, especially SMP and development licenses? I've got a
> box I'd like to set up as a protected development server for *ME* as
> part of this "migration to Linux" project, to keep me away from anyone
> else's work while I hammer out system issues, and would prefer not to
> spend the ridiculous licensinig fees for something I'll only use for a
> few months.

Well, I doubt it to be honest.  The only noticeable activity of that office
was to stick "you are parked in a SCO parking space, don't do it again"
stickers on car windscreens when we were moving in - even though there are
many, many more spaces than cars.   We still have one of those notices in
the office someplace :-)

--
Geoff Teale
<tealeg at member.fsf.org>